Monday, September 20, 2010

in my sewing room

Well, I had the best intentions yesterday. My plan was to machine stitch the binding onto Steve's quilt so I could sit & hand sew in the evenings & finish it up. I got the quilt all trimmed & ready. Went to the drawer where I neatly keep my projects in process. Whenever I cut out a new quilt I always cut the binding pieces, put them into a ziploc bag & label them. Otherwise, the fabric gets lost. Or used for another project....

Which is apparently what happened to Steve's quilt binding! There was only a scrap of the fabric left in the drawer. Sigh. It would appear I used the binding fabric for the witch project. If you look closely at the witches shoes, you will see that they are lovely black mottled.... yup, the fabric that was supposed to be the binding for Steve's quilt! Sometime this week I will travel to the quilt store for more. Meanwhile....

What to do? I decided to stitch up some baby blankets for my Etsy Shop. My goal is to get them in there in the next day or two. Here's the stack I have ready....
I'll show you some more pictures when I get them into the shop. These are the same blankets I have been making as baby gifts for years & years. They are much bigger than the ones you buy at the store (approximately 43" square), double layer of quality flannel with all finished, rounded edges & a double row of topstitching. They wash & wash & last forever (I think there are still a couple wandering around this house somewhere!). If you have a new baby coming into your life, or the life of someone you love, they make a wonderful gift!

Just thought I'd give you a little peak.... off to work on my shop! I'll let you know when they are available.

No comments: