Tuesday, July 20, 2010

sewing dolls

Have you seen the stuffed doll pattern from Modkid Designs? Patty Young calls them "potty dolls" ummm... ok. I think I would give them another name! Anyways, Ally & I saw them at the market review at our local quilt shop last month & had to have them.....Each panel has three dolls on it. We bought 2 panels, so six dolls, & have finished 2. Aren't they adorable? Look at this sweet face..... And she has a free pattern on her website for the little knit dresses. We added buttons to the one and rick rack to the other. Ally loved the way the rick rack gave the bottom of the dress a flirty little shape. Easy squeezy! The hardest part of the whole thing was getting the stuffing into those skinny little limbs!


Ally is off to introduce the dolls to her favorite little neighbor girls who I am sure will give them a good home! She has already asked me to make them some more dresses.... guess we'll have to head back to the fabric store sometime soon as I don't have a stash of cotton knits. Bummer huh? You know how much I hate to go there!



2 comments:

Maria said...

What cute dolls you have made. Lovely dresses and they do look great with the trims.
Yes I do know how awful it is to shop. Will show my stash I got while in the big smoke.LOL

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

CUTE!!!