Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Triangle Play


 Do you have a favorite shape? I love triangles. More than all of the other shapes! I'm not sure why, although I do love things in odd numbers (three sides anyone?). I love to play with triangles in improv quilting so it seemed like a natural place to go next with my Through Ellyn's Eyes series.

I originally intended to make more triangles in several colors, but, I'll be honest, I got bored with it. So, Kona Orange and Kona Tangerine it is, with tiny pieced lines in Kona White. This finishes at just 12" square.

I quilted wavy ribbons on my domestic machine and big stitched the binding down with perle cotton. Again with some tiny X details just because they make me smile.

So, four quilts done in my series. And I do love the outcome of this little test. More triangles to come for sure....
which one is your favorite so far?



3 comments:

Debbie said...

The triangles are so good but I can see where they might get tedious quickly. A fun little piece though!

Maria said...

Can’t pick a favourite as they’ll all gorgeous….

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Awesome! Too hard to choose.