Monday, September 11, 2017

woven pillows


I wanted to weave some pillows for my sister's birthday. She has a new gray couch. I chose these beautiful bright colors to go with two shades of gray (ps: that's not her couch, it's mine. I know, not gray)....

The weft was all light gray (double strands in a 10 dent heddle) and the warp was a mixture of the brights and darker gray. All of the yarn is Valley 8/2 cotton from Webs. I did all plain weave but played with color to create patterns.
In the end, I had 2 pretty pillows to bring to her last weekend. One 16" square and the other 11"x16" rectangle. I have oodles of fun fabric to make bags and things with later.
also not my couch, or hers

I hope they bring her joy!









4 comments:

Chantal said...

What gorgeous pillows. I am sure your sister is going to love them!

Debbie said...

It's Greek to me, but they are lovely!

Maria said...

Beautiful pillows. Lucky sister !

Ondrea said...

I love your choice of colours to go with the grey. They look awesome.