Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Liberty Dainty Tote

I'm still working my way through the glorious bundle of Liberty I bought last year. After piecing a quilt top, I had little pieces left over, just big enough for 1/2" hexies. I combined them with a solid aqua and soon I had this pretty panel...
in my usual fashion, I had no plan for it! Then I realized it was the perfect size to incorporate into a dainty tote. I hadn't made one of these in ages and it's my favorite little bag to make. I ended up cutting the panel in half so I could feature it on both sides of my tote. I lined the cut edge up with the top edges of the background panel and hand appliquéd all the way around the hexies.
I used a dark, denim blue grunge for the background and a blue & white check for the binding.

More Liberty Lawn for the handles, side gussets and top zipper placket. 
I'm so in love with this little tote! Oh, and this is finish #2 in the second quarter of the 2017 finish-along!





8 comments:

Debbie said...

This turned out REALLY nice!! Hoping you are keeping for yourself?

Maria said...

What a fantastic way to use your liberty pieces.. a beautiful bag.

Ondrea said...

I'm in love with it too!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Kristin said...

What a great way to use up all your precious Liberty!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ellyn this bag is gorgeous,well done on your beautiful finish.

mangozz said...

This is a gorgeous little bag! I just love it - colors, design, everything!

Budsmam said...

Gorgeous, love Liberty, and you have used my favourite print, capel

Izzy said...

Your new tote is beautiful! And on behalf of the global FAL hosts, thank you so much for playing along with us this quarter!