Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Nametag swap

Last month at our Modern Guild meeting, we drew names to make each other new name tags. I was quite happy to choose Rachel, a friend and fellow board member. She requested teals & purples. Since I had a charm pack of grunge on hand, I pulled out all the colors that would work & made some EPP hexies. Because, well, hexies are my thing! 
A short time later, a little English paper piecing, a little hand embroidery... and this is how it turned out...
I even made her a lanyard using fabric scraps from my stash that matched her color request. I used Three Owls Handmade's tutorial for the lanyard, left off the hook and attached the name tag by sliding the attached loop onto the split ring. Easy peasy! I love wearing name tags on a lanyard, do you?

I received in return this beautiful name tag made by my friend Bettepat
The bright colors make me so happy!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun stuff! We are encouraged to have handmade name tags in our guild too!

Ondrea said...

How clever! Love hexies. Your own tag is lovely too.

Maria said...

Fabulous idea to use a lanyard for Rachel lovely hexies name tag.
Your name tag is a very happy one....

Sally said...

These name tags are great! Our guild really needs to think about doing something like this because I'm getting tired of passing out sticky name tags. I did finally make myself a name tag recently, but I imagine if I was doing a swap, I would both make and get something nicer :)