Thursday, March 3, 2016

throwback Thursday

Early last month, when Leigh Anne visited for my birthday, we took a trip to the Perot museum in downtown Dallas. As I wandered through the dinosaur exhibit (as one does) this display caught my eye....
I clearly remembered owning some of those plastic dinosaurs when I was a little girl! And no, I was never a tom boy. I was one of those little girls who changed her dolls clothes a hundred times a day, took them for walks in their buggy and tucked them into bed every night. But those dinosaurs? I knew right away that I had owned them!

Upon further reading, I learned that they had been souvenirs at the 1964-1965 World's Fair in New York City (which, by the way, I did not attend!) There were giant dinosaur figures at the fair which later traveled to Sinclair gas stations. I remembered going to see them. And when I asked my mom about it, she sent me these photos from 1966...


That's my beautiful mom, with me and my baby sister, Diane, wearing dresses she probably made for us.  We were lucky girls! I would have been five at the time, and Diane 2. I wish I still had the little plastic dinosaurs, but I'm thrilled to have these photos to keep forever! Thanks for indulging me in this little trip down memory lane...

4 comments:

Maria said...

Such a lovely photo of your Mum and your little sister..

Debbie said...

love memories like that!

Natalie Herrick said...

Mom's dress matches her daughters.
The dresses were pink those were fun times.
Love, Mom

Ondrea said...

Wonderful pics with great memories.