Wednesday, December 16, 2015

a Christmas forest

I've been having fun making up some mini quilts lately for gifts. When I saw Amy Smart (Diary of a Quilter)'s  tutorial for fun little improve Christmas trees I had to give it a go. I used all fabric from my stash and (of course!) mixed some turquoise blues in with my red and green...
My little quilt measures 8 1/2" X 13" and I straight line quilted it on my domestic machine. What a fun little project! I have a feeling there will be more little trees in my future! This one will make a perfect hostess gift for a friend this coming weekend, don't you think?

5 comments:

Sally said...

This is so cute and adorable! Perfect hostess gift. I've been wanting to make a tree quilt, and I imagine that I'll get around to it someday, but it won't be any time soon. I"m just glad I have other tree quilts to admire :)

Chantal said...

Beautiful little quilt. I sure do think any hostess would do a cartwheel of joy to receive this beauty! Well done Ellyn. I must check out that tutorial.

Maria said...

How sweet....great colour combo!!

Debbie said...

Super sweet and a perfect hostess gift indeed!

Ondrea said...

I so love mini quilts and that one is certainly on my wish list.