Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 - it's a wrap!

This morning, just as the sun was rising, Hubby and I stood bundled up at the finish line for a local  race watching the runners come in. And then we saw her.... 
Ally completed her first 5K this morning with a big smile on her face and a hard earned medal around her neck. Suddenly, anything I had accomplished this year totally paled in comparison. This girl had the biggest victory of all of us and I'm so proud!

If you don't know Ally's story, she shared some of it here and in other posts on The Unbroken Smile where she is a contributor. My girl is a warrior!

It seems most of my finishes were smaller items this year. I am pretty proud of my mini quilt finishes...
I had minimal big quilt finishes...
I did make TWO of those blue plus quilts, so that's something, right?
And lots of "things"  and bags got made....
Bee blocks were tons of fun!

For the record, I recently completed TWO large quilt tops and sent them off to the quilter, so I'll have a good jump start on 2016, right? 

It's been fun sharing with you here. Can't wait to see what we all come up with in the coming year! Happy New Year friends.


2 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of great finishes and I am happy to be the recipient of some of them....

Melissa said...

So proud of Ally!!! You did have a lot of finishes this year - my favorites are your word minis.