Monday, February 9, 2015

bee blocks and a mug rug finish

Before I left home, I finished up a couple of things for the McKinney Modern Quilt Guild February meeting. First up, bee blocks for Chris.....

These were fun! She asked for cool colors in the center and warm on the outside corners. Here's a picture taken at the guild meeting of all of her blocks together. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

At the same meeting we had a Valentines Mug Rug swap. Here's the mug rug I sent.....

Ally says it's a Halloween/Valentines mash up! oops. I thought it was fun. Since I missed out on the meeting, I have no idea who received it. Nor do I know what I received! No one will tell me. From what I saw, all of the ones swapped were adorable! Guess I'll just have to wait & see what mine is....

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I LOVE this. I think I'm going to make Monster placemats. He is too cute.

Melissa said...

You're certainly going to have lots of treasures waiting for you when you get back! I agree - very cute Valentines/Halloween look!

Maria said...

Love the way the blocks come together......

How cute is that monster rug mug..

Sally said...

I think the mug rug is adorable! Plus, those swap blocks are really nice, too. We've not done anything like that at my guild, yet, at least not while I've been a member. Of course, we've done other sorts of swaps :)