Friday, November 9, 2012

row quilt-a-long

Row quilts seem to be all the rage in blogland these days. Well, our bring 'n brag group is doing a row-a-long too. I like it because we have lots of freedom to do our own thing. We were given 1/8 yards of 10 gray prints and must use at least some of it in each row we make. We have 6 months to make 10 rows (at least one row per month), they have to be between 4 and 8 inches high and at least 36 inches wide, and our finished quilt has to be no bigger than 60x72". Whew!  I guess there are more rules than I realized! Other than that, the choices are ours.

I have decided to use a different bright color (solid or reads solid) in each row. This is the row I showed in October (it's really more purple than it looks here):
 And my November row:
 On Tuesday (Crafty Tuesday #3!) I made my row for December. I had been wanting to try this bow tie block and had a lot of fun putting it together:
 I am using solid gray around each row, lots of negative space to show off my staggered rows. Here are the first three, all sewn together....
I'm liking it so far and have lots of ideas for my future rows. It's fun to see everyone else's too, so many different ideas. The finished quilts will be so varied. Can't wait to show them to you (but I'll have to!)

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your rows are really great.. Like the colours you are using....

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's going to look great. I can't wait to see more rows.

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh fun! Especially ove those bow ties!