Monday, August 20, 2012

I can finally show you this...

A while back I teased you with this quilt photo....
 I couldn't show you the quilt because it was for Mackenzie's third birthday and I knew they would see it here if I posted it! Well, Ally gave the quilt to Mackenzie, so I can show it to you now. I made it with some more of my lime and gray swap blocks....

Some of those grays look blueish.... sorry the color is off! Mackenzie's room is lime green and purple so I think this works. Oh, but as far as she's concerned this is the back of her quilt. You see, I put Dora the Explorer fabric on the other side. Mackie is a Dora freak! When she opened her quilt (I was watching via Skype) she spread it out on the floor, Dora side UP and danced around on it! So the quilt is a hit. Maybe once she outgrows Dora she will flip it over and notice all the pretty blocks on the other side? Maybe not! Doesn't matter to me, I'm just glad she likes it. Happy Early Birthday Mackenzie!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how cute that she liked the back best!

Maria said...

Oh how gorgeous is that... don't you just love it when someone likes the quilt you make for them. Even it is wrong side up.....
Oh thank you thank you Ellyn for ALL my wonderful treasures. Arrived this morning...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

so pretty!! Great birthday gift.

prsd4tim2 said...

Lovely quilt. Funny how kids know just what they like, isn't it? It's not always what we intended though.