Thursday, August 16, 2012

another mini quilt done!

One thing you may not know about me is that I teach Junior High Sunday School with my hubby. We attend a small Presbyterian church and usually have 5 or 6 kids, 6th-8th grade. Because our class is small, the junior high kids have always met in a teeny tiny room that seriously could be mistaken for a closet. In fact, people used to just throw things in there if they didn't know where else to put them. Broken audio equipment, old ripped up books, just junk. It was a mess.

So last fall we got the idea to let the kids spruce it up! We totally emptied the room (and filled the dumpster out back!) let the kids choose the paint and put them to work.
We bought them new furniture... a storage cubby for one wall, smaller tables that can fold & be put out of the way, stackable chairs. It's amazing how much bigger the room seems now. Oh, and I made them some big floor pillows for days when we just don't feel like sitting in chairs!
 Today I finished up a mini quilt to hang on the wall for them. I just love hand sewing binding....

 Remember my Lil Twister quilt? Well it's perfect with their lime green wall.
I hope they like it!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful idea to let the kids do the sprucing! Love the colors and the colorful sewing projects!

Melissa said...

Sounds like it was a fun project & that mini-quilt is going to be perfect! I just know they'll love it!

Maria said...

Looks like the kids had fun brightening up their little room. Love the cushions and mini wall hanging...