Sunday, April 29, 2012

needlebook

The next swap at The Quilt Asylum is needle books. I've been pinning tons of pictures from the internet for weeks here. This weekend I made one up, not sure if it is the one I will swap or not but I sure am happy with it! Here's the front...
 and the back....
 I used the tutorial from Nana Company. Have you visited this blog? You really must! So many lovely things there. The whole needle book was made from my stash. It was a great opportunity to use up little scraps of fabric, ribbon, felt, etc. I even decorated the inside pages a bit. And added a little pocket inside the front cover.
 ribbon, rickrack, buttons and scraps of felt here and there...
I think I'll make several more of these. It was a fun little weekend project & would make a fun gift for my crafty/sewey friends. (is that a word? sewey? if it isn't it should be.). I hope you had a fun weekend too!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful little book, love the details and great use of scraps!

Sally said...

This is really adorable! I need to make something like this for myself as I am constantly losing and in search of my hand stitching needles.

I love the embellishments that you added.

Maria said...

OH I just LOVE that little needle case Ellyn.
Will go to visit Nana Company.


I see you have finally received one of e-mails.Yahoo!!!!