Monday, June 6, 2011

Quilt top finished

I fully intended to share this quilt with you as I went along. However (go ahead & laugh Joellen! You know this is true) once I get rolling on a project there's no stopping me until it's DONE! Thanks to Joellen for saving me and giving me a strip of each fabric when I ran short. You can come over & snuggle under the finished quilt anytime you like! It's partly yours. It will live on our couch when it's finished, the designated snuggle quilt. So for all of you who have been badgering me to put the Christmas Quilt away, this is it's year round replacement. Happy?

This quilt top used 1/2 yard (plus a 3 1/2 inch strip!) of 6 different Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I got at Joanns. Plain white cotton borders on 6 1/2 inch squares of prints and lime green solid cotton squares bordered by the prints.... I was going to use all white, but I think the green adds another dimension to the quilt.

I finished the top today. It's about 60x70 inches without borders. It does need borders. I am thinking maybe a narrow green border & then a coordinating print around the outside? Not sure yet. And of course a scrappy binding, because that's how I roll these days. It'll be a while before you see it finished because I plan to take it to the quilter I love in Arizona when I take the kids to college in August. YIKES! Did you see what I just said? Take THE KIDS... plural! to college. Yup, Steve will be joining his big (little) sister at ASU this fall!

Ok, back to the sewing room! I have lots of projects going on right now and I can't wait to share them with you! I promise to share my Craftsanity project very soon.... happy crafting!

7 comments:

Paige said...

Oooh, it's very fresh! Like Key Lime Pie! Great job. I'm working on my Picnic and Fairgrounds quilt right now too. Lots of whirligigs.

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous!! Love the blues and greens together.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Ellyn! It looks super!!

Sally said...

I love this! Green is my favorite color. Plus, I have this fabric sitting in my craft room, so it's great to see a wonderful idea for it! Using up the fabric is on my summer "to-do" list.

Lisa said...

Love the fabric, love the pattern, love it all! Wish I was able to come and snuggle under it too, looks so comfy

Maria said...

Oh it would be wonderful to snuggle under your quilt on your couch.
Love the colors. Lovely and fresh.
Nice to have friends to help you when you run short of fabric.

Sewjoe said...

Cute! It would look better in my house so once the quilting is done, just send it over! What's next on your list?