Thursday, November 11, 2010

still here...

Wow, bad blogger here. Sorry I've been missing.... I actually find it hard to blog this time of year because so much of what I am working on is for Christmas gifts! & I don't want my family & friends to see what they are receiving, know what I mean? Are you working on Christmas gifts too? Won't it be fun to share them all with each other after the big day is over? I think so too.

Anyways, one thing I am sewing this week is purses for 2 sweet little girls who belong to a friend of mine. I'm pretty sure those girls won't find their way here! So here is one purse done in blue & green as requested!
The other purse will be purple & black... you'll see it soon!

I am also hard at work on a challenge quilt for my local quilt store! I'm not sure I'm allowed to show you the whole thing, as they will be hanging around the square in downtown McKinney for voting & bidding. But here's a sneak peak.... 
Do you recognize this little lamb? I borrowed him from this quilt by Annie Downs, which I made earlier in the year. He just fit the theme of my Christmas quilt, which is "Welcome Little Lamb". Here's a look at the main section of the quilt. 
I promise to show you the whole thing at some point! Meanwhile, if you're in the area, you can go looking for it in McKinney next month & maybe even vote for me? My friend Jill says she's going to bid on the quilt & win it back for me. She's a silly one, that Jill! Oh, & all of the auction money goes to a local charity. Ally is working on a challenge quilt too.

So that's what's happening at ellyn's place these days. I promise to report in more frequently! Have a happy day friends.

5 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I did a bunch of sewing last week and none this week. We all have our ups and downs. Can't wait to see what you've created for gifts.

Lisa said...

That bag is so cute!!

Maria said...

Hi Ellyn. Yes I am working on Christmas things too.
Love the colour of your bag.The lime green and blue look great together.Must rush, I'm off to exercise. Bye XX

Melissa said...

Such a cute little purse and I love the sneak peak of the quilt. I'm making most of my Christmas gifts this year too and haven't been able to share them on my blog. I have one batch to go, really want to finish those up and wrap everything tomorrow! We'll see how it goes!

Sally said...

I'm trying to work on Christmas things, too...and find that I'm really already feeling behind :-( I'm probably spending too much time lurking around blog-land.

I love the purse! The colors are so cheerful. I can't wait to see the finished challenge quilt. I already love the little lamb.