Thursday, August 5, 2010

home again, just in time for a birthday!

Ally is 14 today! In just a couple of weeks she will start High School! How did that happen? Not that she's not ready, she is! She's smart & funny, brave, creative & ready for High School. Happy Birthday sweet girl!


I just got home a couple days ago from Arizona, where I helped Leigh Anne get moved into her first apartment.

She & her roommates did a terrific job putting together all her IKEA furniture. Happy Junior Year to her!


While I was there, Mom & I had some fun in the local quilt shops. My favorite new to me shop was Quilter's Bee in Peoria. What a fun shop, nice ladies & lots of cool finds. I hardly bought anything, but had so much fun looking! We spent some time in The Quilted Cactus near Mom's house... love that shop, we drop in there every time I visit. I'll be shipping some of my patterns off there in the next couple of days too!


I dropped off 2 quilts at the longarm quilter on Sunday. Steve's college quilt and my World as it should be quilt. She called me yesterday & they are FINISHED! Seriously! Three days & both quilts are done. And I know they will be beautiful, she does such wonderful work. So now I just have to wait for Mom & Dad to come in September for a visit, bringing my quilts home! ::::tapping foot impatiently::::::


I'm coming up on 200 posts! What can we do for fun on my 200th post? Hmmmm I'll let you know soon!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Leigh Anne.
Yes were do the years go???

Can't wait to see yur finished quilts either.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy Birthday Ally!! Enjoy high school!