Tuesday, May 11, 2010

fondant flowers

Ally has started her level three cake classes. She's learning how to work with fondant. She made this pretty cake last night...I love the little 3 year old finger dipping in the icing! Some things are just too hard to resist. Here's a top shot of the cake. (thanks Aimee for taking pictures! The cake managed to sneak out of the house before I got to my camera!)I think Ally is doing a terrific job with the decorating.

Here's a picture of me with Marie Bostwick last weekend at the Quilt Asylum. Thanks Joellen for this picture! I don't often put pictures of myself on the blog.... but here goes... I love the table runner Marie made in the bottom half of the photo. It's a free pattern on her website for her "reading friends" & I am going to print it out & maybe give it a go. It's called "star crossed love" & ties in with her third book (did I mention that I loved the book? I do believe I did).

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ally is doing such a fantastic job on the cake decorating! I wish I was half as good.

Amy said...

Love it! Too pretty to eat! I love the colors! Great job Ally!

Maria said...

Wow what a beautiful job Ally of decorating the cake.
Great ohoto of you. It is nice to see my blogging friends.
Will check out the web, thanks Ellyn

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

great job with the fondant! It's not easy to work with.

Birgit said...

Hi Ellyn,

You shouldn't hesitate to post photos of yourself on your blog. You look great -- and your sweet personality shines through, too. :)

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit