Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February? Already?

Where the heck did January go? This year is flying by already. Yikes!


I thought I'd share some of the projects I've been finishing up.... you might remember the heart blocks I was working on for the quilt block swap? Well those are done, all 28 of them! They will go off to the quilt store on Saturday to be swapped. I even added a little bird to a few of them (but not all! I simply ran out of time).


Then there are the English paper pieced hexagons I was playing around with. Remember? Will I finished up this giant hexagon piece (next time I'm using smaller hex's!). I love the colors. I'm thinking of appliqueing it onto this pillow ticking & making a bag... what do you think?


I also finished up a table runner & coasters to match the placemats I was working on.


Whew! I've had fun finishing up unfinished projects! So today I pulled out my hexagon afghan. You might remember this one too? I haven't worked on it in ages. It currently stands at 60 hexagons & it needs many more. So, I packed up a bag of yarn & a crochet hook to take along to doctor's offices/physical therapy while I wait for Ally.
I'm loving this little goodie that came in the mail from my buddy Annie, back in Ohio..... look at all those pockets! I filled it up in no time, my ipod even fits in one pocket! Thanks Annie, so sweet!

Happy Crafty February friends!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ellyn, loving the face lift and alll the amazing projects..blog looks terrific.

eileensideways said...

i love the cup organizer. how sweet. it looks like annie used some of the girlscout fabric. any chance for a tutorial or pattern on this cute idea.

prsd4tim2 said...

You know, I asked myself that same question yesterday - where did January go??? Time is just flying. You've accomplished a lot with all your finishes. Good for you!