Tuesday, May 26, 2009

working on a design...

qI've decided to make a quilt for my sewing room wall from my Red Letter Day fabric. This is my very fancy method for designing a new quilt! First I cut myself some 6 1/2 inch squares & started playing with a layout. I think this is the final one...
Next I decided to add some solids & tiny polka dots as accent fabrics....

Now for some fun. I have an awesome HUGE box of prismacolor pencils that were a gift from my hubby a few years ago. I sharpen up the ones that match the fabrics I'm using, grab my pad of graph paper & start drawing. Nope, no fancy dancy computer program for me!



After several scrapped ideas, here's the final plan!



I'm going on an overnight quilt retreat with friends next month, so I have prepared myself a "kit" for this quilt, all the fabrics are cut & ready in a big ziploc bag. So, you'll have to wait to see the finished product! Oh, & no promises it will stay the same! I have the right to change my mind along the way.
I've also been loving the crocheting. Here are three daisy granny squares (a fourth has since been added) which will become a pillow for my bed! It took me a few tries to figure this out, but I think I've got it now!
Happy Tuesday!





1 comment:

sewtakeahike said...

I love the red letter day fabrics and think your quilt will be fabulous!
I've been doing a little crochet myself, daisy squares too of all things. Must be springtime!