Monday, December 13, 2021

scrap soup

I'm quickly approaching my (self imposed) end of the Through Ellyn's Eyes series. I've kept all of the scraps from my quilts along the way and one day I just started to play around sewing them together. I would call this a big crumb block, but honestly, many of the scraps were bigger than crumb sized so.... whatever. 
I decided to only use some of the colors to keep the scrappiness somewhat under control. The colors I used in this one are  Kona Corn Yellow, Chartreuse, Glacier and Capri with borders in Kona Black. This one finished at only 12x13".

As usual, I quilted it with my walking foot on my domestic machine and big stitched the binding with size 8 perle cotton.


 so, quilt #17 in the series is finished. #18 and #19 are both underway! I've set a goal of 20 minis for this series by the end of the year and I do believe I'll reach it! 

I'm beginning to line up speaking engagements for 2022 and would love to share more about this series with your guild!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I bet this was a fun one. Yay for nearly reaching your goal!

Maria said...

Great name for this little mini….