Tuesday, January 12, 2021

First Finish of the New Year

 

Last night I put the finishing stitches on the binding of my 2021 Word of the Year quilt.  You can read my thoughts on the word believe here.  I thought a magic wand was the perfect item to represent my word this year.

All of the fabrics are Moda Grunge and the finished quilt measures 18" x 20".  I used a bunch of different techniques in this one tiny quilt.... foundation paper piecing for the letters, my own funky dresden technique for the end of the wand, needle turn appliqué recently learned from my friend Martha for the stick, big stitch quilting on the yellow, and machine quilting for the rest.... and I'm really happy with how it all came together.



3 comments:

ellyn zinmeister said...

I would love this. Believe is my mantra. Can you make me one and I will pay you for it? Just love it and the colirs

ellyn zinmeister said...

I would love this. Believe is my mantra. Can you make me one and I will pay you for it? Just love it and the colirs

Debbie said...

Nicely done and fun to use several different 'techniques'...