Monday, April 27, 2020

trying something new

There's nothing like social distancing to nudge me to try something new! About a month ago, I ordered some watercolor paints, paper, brushes and micron pens and started to play......
Since that day, every morning I paint a random background. Later in the day, when the paints have dried, I add some doodles.
At first, I was totally just copying doodles from things I found on Pinterest. as time goes on, I find myself just going for it and drawing whatever comes to mind.

Not bad for a kid who was always told she couldn't paint or draw! It's time to shed those childhood labels and break free.
I don't think I'll ever be a great painter but I'm having a great time exploring. If not now... then when?
Have you been trying anything new lately?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Good for you! I love what you've been painting and doodling. Keep up the good work!

Maria said...

Lovely doodle and painting Ellyn..
Why not make some cards as they'd look great...
No nothing new here but I did get out a cross stitch I started YEARS ago....