Monday, April 6, 2020

feelin' groovy

Hello friends! I hope this week finds you well. I am pleased to share a couple of finishes with you today. First up, my feelin' groovy quilt made with blocks from my Solid Seven friends...


Blocks for this quilt began arriving last November and I finally put the last borders on last month. As we were just beginning to shelter in place, I turned to my stash to build a back for this good sized quilt. I had some extra blocks and pieces that had been sent to me that I used on the back too.
I dropped it off for my friend Diann of Happy Quilts to quilt for me (no contact, handed through her door. Normally our exchanges involve Dairy Queen. I look forward to returning to that tradition!) Diann found some awesome groovy flowers to quilt it with.
Another finish is my God With Us quilt. I had shared the quilt top with you before. I quilted this one myself on my domestic machine. Simple linear quilting with my walking foot. It works!


So two quilt finishes, two things checked off my UFO list!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Two wonderful finishes and just what we need to see today~ thanks for sharing the cheer and positivity! Amen!!

Maria said...

Love that Groovy Quilt....

Debbie said...

yay for two wonderful finishes! Bet that feels good!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Two neat finishes--God and friends with us!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

The wonky star in a variety of values just sparkles. Thank you for linking up with Show Me Something with Stars!