Monday, February 17, 2020

inkle weaving

Because a girl can never have too many hobbies, I've added inkle weaving to my list. Several months ago, my friend Chris introduced me to these little band looms. Off we went to the weaving store where I acquired one of my own (for the record, I also talked Chris into buying another for herself.)

Here's my inkle loom loaded into the car. We went straight back to my house where Chris helped me warp it up....
This is the first band I wove, about 1 inch wide. The selvages are a bit wonky but I am otherwise very happy with it. So I wove a wider band, in the colors of the MCKMQG logo....
I intended to make it into a lanyard, but alas, I misjudged and it is MUCH too wide! No worries, I will find a purpose for it.

Most recently I have begun weaving shoelaces!
This is my first pair and I really love them!
I have several pair of converse and I suspect they will all have hand woven laces very soon!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Some beautifully coloured bands and laces you are making on your new toy....

Debbie said...

This 'hobby' is totally an unknown to me except for seeing what you've done. Curious what other uses folks use it for! Love the shoelaces tho!

Marty said...

LOVE the shoelaces! I have a peg loom... now need an inkle!