Friday, October 18, 2019

Bee Blocks

It's been a while since I caught you up on bee blocks! I'm in two bees now, The Solid Seven instagram bee and a McKinney Modern Quilt Guild bee. Love them both!

In fact, this month I am the queen bee for BOTH bees! I don't know how that happened. I debated having both bees make the same block, but in the end went with 2 completely different themes. The Solid Seven are making me Groovy 70s blocks! They are starting to roll in and I can't wait to share them with you down the road! Meanwhile here are a couple of blocks I made to inspire them:
the blue squares represent the Brady Bunch intro

I plan to make a bunch of extra groovy flowers to use as filler blocks
Meanwhile, the MCKMQG girls are busy making me Japanese X&+ blocks in monochromatic pinks and oranges....
Earlier in the year, the Solid Seven girls made me these improv citrus string pieced blocks...
Add caption
As you can see, I have these all pieced together. It needs something! I have a couple of ideas, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Soon, I promise.

Some more been blocks I've made in recent months...
black & white with a splash of color improv for Nicole

these fun blocks for Loide

and improv face blocks (super challenging!) for Ailish
There are lots more that I've made, but this will give you a taste.






4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Some stunning eye candy; thanks for the inspiration! I just love your TV set w/ rabbit ears-- bravo!!

Debbie said...

I hadn't seen X and + blocks in your IG feed, so excited to see them here. That's one of my favorite blocks of all time! ;-)

Debbie said...

p.s. Good job on your face blocks. I still think that's one scary prompt!

Maria said...

Such interesting blocks... love the TV and groovy block...