Thursday, June 13, 2019

2019 colors of the year

I always look forward to finding out what the colors of the year are. This year, Kona hit the ball out of the park with Splash! As soon as it was announced, I ordered several yards of it for my stash, knowing I'd want to play with it and it would be hard to come by later on.

Then Pantone announced Living Coral and I thought, wow, those look awesome together!

So, when the McKinney Modern Quilt guild announced a color of the year challenge for this year I couldn't help but make two entries which I'm calling Mirror Image. Each mini is about 12" square. The guild minis will be on display at the McKinney Library in October so we all kept them small. I used a grunge for my coral and a spotted for my splash (solids for the contrasting small squares and kona black for accents.) I quilted them with my walking foot and added a faced binding.

I can't wait to share all of the guild quilts with you later on!


So, yes, I do love the colors this year and I can't promise that you've seen the last of them from me! I've entered both in the Pantone Quilt Challenge.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Fun to explore both colors in a pair! Looking forward to seeing more of the show