Friday, December 21, 2018

Dalton quilt

Well. I sure didn't mean to disappear for a whole month, but here we are. I could blame secret sewing, holiday travel, sickness.... blah blah blah. You don't need to hear the details of all of that.

I've been waiting to share this quilt with you until it was safely in the hands of it's new owner. Leigh Anne, my oldest's best friend was married last month and I had every intention of finishing this up and getting it to her before her wedding. I actually started it in July! Plenty of time, you'd think. Well she has it now and I hope she and her new hubby enjoy it together for many many years.
The pattern is the Dalton Quilt, from Kristi Larson's book Southwest Modern. The fabrics are all Moda Bella Solids, sorry I do not have the color names. Oh, and it was beautifully quilted by my friend Diann at Happy Quilts...

Hubby and I had a great time with the photo shoot at a park in our neighborhood.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! All of the Z Kids will be home in the next couple of days & I am looking forward to a house full of love and laughter.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Your quilt is beautiful and your friend and her new husband will treasure it, I know. Shooting your pictures in the park was a great idea . . . the design blends so well with nature.
Merry Christmas.
Connie :)

Maria said...

What a fantastic quilt Ellyn... love the colours and Quilting design...
Have a lovely Christmas with the Z kids. 🤗😘

Debbie said...

This is really wonderful! I like the colors you chose alot. Have fun with your kiddos home - it's the best!

Kristin said...

It's a busy time of year--my blog is feeling neglected, too. Your quilt is lovely and will make a special gift. xoxo