Finally, I decided to do a variation on my Funky Dresden pattern which I designed and shared here on the blog almost 2 years ago (gasp! where does the time go?).
We were told to use at least 2 of the three hash dots provided and the peach solid. The funny thing is, once I got to designing and sewing, the hash dot I left out is the Marine that matched the solid I had bought! I inserted a narrow piece of the peach into the other hash dot dresden wedges and only used the one background fabric, not two like I had in my previous Funky Dresdens.
My finished mini quilt ended up 13" square. I quilted it on my domestic Janome 6600 and left the wedges and center unquilted so they pop.
It's fun to see what others have come up with! Check out the #mqgfabricchallenge on instagram to see more!
Good for you! Love that Marine and how you quilted your Dresden.
lovely fabrics and your challenge finish is gorgeous Ellyn.
Post a Comment