Sunday, September 16, 2018

wedding quilt


My best friend's daughter married her college sweetheart this weekend. We were so thankful to be included in the festivities. She had requested a quilt for their bed, mostly in blues, so of course I was happy to make one for her. I mixed in some greens and purples, mostly grunges and solids.
I used a pattern from the quilt book We Love Color which I had made before, but I enlarged the blocks so the quilt would be bigger. It's a fun pattern because the centers of the pluses are basically improved.

My pal Diann quilted it for me...

her quilting choices are always spot on.

 Wishing them all the happiness in the world.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful plus quilt! Glad you were able to join in the celebration!

Lisa C said...

I really like this pattern and colors. I make a lot of baby quilts for donation and this would be darling sized down a bit. Lucky girl (and husband)!

Maria said...

Beautiful Quilt Ellyn... and perfect quilting too.

Connie said...

Very pretty, what a lucky bride to have you as a friend :)