Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Giraffes!

When your adult son's childhood best friend contacts you and says "can I commission you to make something for my mom's birthday?" you jump right on it! Seriously, I was so thrilled to hear from him and to make something for the precious lady who was my son's second mom growing up. An honor! He said mom loves giraffes & gave me colors to work with and I was off and running.

Two 20" quilted pillows were the end result. I used assorted grays for the backgrounds & burgundy and gold prints for the giraffes, which I drew up from random clip art, fused and machine stitched on.


I even put a giraffe on the back of one pillow...
She told me today that that one always makes her smile. 

I did exposed metal zipper openings on the back, so the covers can be removed and washed if needed...

I was really pleased with the end result and she loved them! what a fun project for me!



6 comments:

Chantal said...

Those are two beautiful cushion covers. I especially love the fellow peeking out from the inside of the pillow. Such a fun element! Love them!

Maria said...

Oh love them and I'm sure your son's friends Mum will love them too.....

Kathy E. said...

What a thrill to be asked to make something from your son's friend! I would be so happy...and nervous! Your pillow covers are perfect and I'm sure will be treasured always!

Debbie said...

What fun! Good for you!

Ondrea said...

Those cushions are gorgeous and so cute! Love the giraffe on the back too.

Sally said...

I'm not sure how I missed seeing this post for almost two weeks... Anyway, I wanted to say that these pillows are gorgeous! Such a cute idea!