Tuesday, August 8, 2017

dresdens

It seems I have become a bit of a dresden fanatic lately! This has been fueled in part by a challenge/swap issued by our guild (McKinney Modern Quilt Guild). We were challenged back in the spring to make up to 12 dresdens in a  certain color palette to swap at our August meeting. If I still had the color card I'd share it with you, but it has disappeared. There was a wide range of options, a full rainbow really, in jewel tone shades. We could make any size dresden, any size wedge, in the color palette that we wished. I decided to make a variety of kinds and sizes in primarily two of the colors (teal and bright pink). Then I found a stripe in my stash that had most of the colors in it, so I used that too. In the end I had 8 dresdens to swap.






I turned them in at our meeting last week and received these 8, made by other guild members (I wish I knew who!)
Aren't they wonderful? Now the challenge is to make them into "something" by our October meeting. I have a few ideas and the clock is ticking!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I know I can always find lots of happy colors & great stitched pieces when I stop by here! Love all those dresdens!

Dolores said...

I have always liked Dresden plates. There are so many different ones. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in using those very pretty Dresden plates in various sizes.

Maria said...

I'm sure you will create something fantastic with those colourful dresdans...

Ondrea said...

Beautiful rainbow of Dresdens there. I must have missed this post earlier.