Tuesday, December 22, 2015

one last gifty make

Kristyne over at Pretty By Hand designed an adorable Christmas mini and offered up this pattern for free! Never mind that it is three days before Christmas, I decided I really had to make one for a friend I'll see tomorrow. 
 Gosh this was a fun and quick little make! I took some liberties with mine, quilting in (just a few straight lines) in a traditional way and adding binding, and leaving off the ribbon borders (which look adorable on hers but frankly I didn't have anything that worked in my stash and I was too lazy to head to the store!)

I used a piece of subtly striped natural linen that I had picked up at Purl Soho in NYC earlier this year and quilting cottons from my stash. There is a white grunge cuff at the bottom of each hat but it doesn't show too clearly in the photo. Also, I dug in my button bin for a variety of old shirt buttons and I love the effect! 

I still have a couple of days left, what else shall I make? Kidding (I think!). 



1 comment:

Maria said...

Your friend will love her little mini.. Sew cute...