Sunday, July 20, 2014

this and that

This week has been unusually cool for Texas in July. We even had one day of glorious rain! Perfect weather for hanging out in the studio.

I finished up a birthday gift for a friend that I will share with you later....

 Tidied up the sewing space and decided I needed a new ironing board cover. After a little stash digging, I found these lovely fabrics which coordinate nicely with my room and freshen up my ironing board. I wonder what I intended to make with them originally? Hmm...
 The lady who works at the dry cleaners has taken a liking to the Little Wallets I've been making. She requested a teal one for her daughter....
So nothing major happening here, just enjoying the cool temperatures (which I understand will leave us today. boo) and playing in my sewing room. Not a bad life if you ask me!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Great to have some cooler weather for sew you can play in your sewing room.
Nice new ironing board cover but the stripes are a little wild...
Cute purse.

Chantal said...

Not a bad life at all Ellyn. The cooler weather has sure been heavenly.
Your ironing board looks very fancy too.

Melissa said...

We've missed the rain & the cool temps, I think! Oh well . . . just had a deer stop by outside our patio & then a coyote wandered by! :>)