Sunday, May 18, 2014

going around in circles...

I confess, I am easily distracted! I have a wonderful list of projects to work on, then I see something I like and off I go in a different direction. Recently, Laura over at Love the Bluebird has been crocheting mandalas. First I saw them popping up on her instagram. Hers are sweet and pastel and pretty. I loved them. Started looking up tutorials on Pinterest, checked out some links on her blog. Next thing I knew I was digging in my yarn stash and crocheting in circles! Of course, there are no pastels to be had in my stash. So I started with brights & maybe, just maybe, I will be adding some pretty pastels to my collection (so much for using what you have, right?)

First I whipped up this one (tutorial here)....
 Then this one (tutorial here)....
both were pretty easy and quick to do. I'm a beginner crocheter, even though I've done it for years I never advanced past the basics! The tutorial for the second one was kind of hard to follow but I managed to figure it out!

UPDATE!
I actually found a few pastelly, dainty colors and whipped up a third mandala today! Want to see? of course you do!
This tutorial was really easy to follow and the most fun to make so far! You can find it here, at Attic 24.


This is a bit addictive! Thanks for the inspiration Laura!

4 comments:

Chantal said...

The Mandala's are awesome Ellyn! Good job. I love the colors.

Melissa said...

These turned out great!

Sherry said...

I have been looking at those! How pretty! Now you have drawn me to yet another project! Blessings!My workmate is moving to to San Antonio in July, I sent her your blog! She is very crafty too!

Sally said...

These are so cool! I love all the different combos of colors! What will you use them for, or will the be used to become something else? ooooh… they would look really pretty on top of some plain fabric in a hoop and on the wall :)