Friday, August 30, 2013

revisiting the schoolhouse tunic

I can't believe it was 2 1/2 years ago that I made myself some schoolhouse tunics. No wonder they were looking pretty ratty. Not to mention the fact that they were 2 sizes too big! Now there's something to celebrate right there. So, last night, while I watched all the crazy designers on Project Runway create, I had a little sewing time of my own...
I love this fabric.... I would call it a voile, though the bolt at Joann's had no name on it, nor did it have a fabric content. Guessing cotton blend... anyways, it is light and soft. Perfect for end of Texas summer (it is ending, isn't it? Please say yes. 104 today...). And, once again, this pattern didn't let me down. A breeze to make and so cute.

I did add a lightweight interfacing to the facing pieces which really gives it some body. I can't wait to wear my new tunic. What have you been sewing lately?

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very pretty Ellyn.

Antoinette said...

At least it is end of summer! Thank heaven. I am hoping we are done with 100+ with September so close. Nice tunic, and smart fabric choice. I just bought some cotton double gauze that I will make a "last hurrah" dress or top from.

Melissa said...

Nice! Yes, surely summer is ending soon . . . or at least temperatures will go down to the low 90s, right!