Friday, August 2, 2013

August Stitchalong

August already! How did that happen? Very soon I will send my baby off to begin her senior year of high school. Whoa! But I digress. You didn't come here to listen to me boohooing about the passage of time, did you? I didn't think so.

I had fun stitching up our stitchalong block for August. Check out this little bird....

 He's singing such a happy song. Can you hear him? And no, our theme for the month was not birds. It was "letters and numbers" but since I have letters in each of my blocks I took a little liberty with this one. Here's the whole block...
Have you been stitching along? I know some of you have! If you have kept up every month you now have eight finished blocks! Good for you....
 Won't you add pictures of your blocks to our flickr group? We'd all love to see them. Now get stitching, will you?

You can download this month's stitchery pattern here .

3 comments:

Maria said...

I really love this block Ellyn. We have been busy making bunting at Patch for our big hanging in October.

Melissa said...

Well, I finally did it! No, I didn't actually use the pattern, but I did get them all downloaded & have given some thought to how I might use them! :>)

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh! I really love this month's stitchery. So cute! I've been looking for a cute embroidery pattern. I can't decide whether to use August or February... Decisions, decisions!