Saturday, July 13, 2013

teaching kids to sew

After working with junior high girls on sewing projects for a year (and yes, we plan to continue! Their summer schedules have been crazy) I decided it would be fun to teach a group of younger kids to do hand sewing projects. So, in a couple of weeks, I have four 10-12 year olds coming for "sewing camp" at my house!

I've been having fun making up sample projects and kits for them. Here's a preview.....

 I still have a few more samples to make up (the girls are coming for four mornings and I don't want to run out of things for them to do) but so far my favorite project is a button bracelet....
I'm thinking I might just wear this every day! I look forward to sharing details about our projects with you in the next week or two.

Hope you're having a crafty weekend too!

2 comments:

prsd4tim2 said...

The button bracelet is adorable (love those polka dots!) but I love the button flowers too. Hard to choose a favorite. And such a great idea to teach little people to sew. It's fun watching the grands play with fabric. Although they're too young to sew yet, you can already tell they live in a quilty home.

Maria said...

Sew nice of you to have the girls for craft. Love the projects you have organised for them..
My fav is the button bracelet. I would also wear it..
Oh I am off to bed as my feet are freezing....