Tuesday, November 20, 2012

patterns

I haven't stitched up one of my own patterns in ages! But I had a request for a Nantucket bag, so I stitched it up today...
 Believe it or not, I had to dig out a copy of my own pattern so I would do it right! The Nantucket Market Bag was my first self published pattern. It makes a terrific grocery bag, or just a big tote when you have lots to carry. I also have an over the shoulder sling bag (the NYC Hipster Bag) and a cute small tote that works as a purse (the Town Square Bag).  I've restocked all three of my patterns in my shop if you'd like to make one too...
On to the next project! What are you making today?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I like the material & colors in that bag! No crafting for me today (yet!).

Sherry said...

I love the fabric...is it a new fabric? And I love the bag! I am looking forward to working on Christmas gifts this weekend, Panda blanket on the list to finish!

Ellyn said...

in answer to your fabric question: the selvage says "Sunrise Silhouette by Jo Moulton, wilminton prints. I bought it in Phoenix and had never seen it before! (Sherry you are a no reply blogger so I couldn't email you)

Sherry said...

Thank you Ellen! Must be sold out, not finding it the internet. So the lesson is always buy it when you see it for the "stash" you may need later! I am just getting back into sewing again and loving all the new fabrics I am seeing. I would love to be able to sew more often but still working full time. I enjoy your blog!

Maria said...

Love the chicken fabric too...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute cute! The chicken fabric is great.