Thursday, November 29, 2012

a prayer quilt finish

I've been working on a prayer quilt for a beautiful lady at church who is battling that demon cancer. I had one more batch of my green and grey swap blocks left and I thought they would make a cheerful quilt for her as she goes through her treatments. Yesterday, I recruited some helpers to tie the quilt and pray for their friend...
 The ladies in the Mary Circle at our church are the dearest women I have ever known. They laugh a lot, pray for our church and for each other and support each other. They are a wonderful example of what Christian women should be. I always enjoy being in their company and learning from their example.
 Today I finished sewing on the binding and the label so the quilt can be delivered.
 A beautiful fall day here in Texas (look at that blue sky!)
I pray our quilt brings her comfort and healing.

5 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Oh Ellyn, what a beautiful quilt and even more the beautiful thought of it being given to someone in need and that you took time to bathe it in prayer for this lade. What a wonderful group of ladies! May all of you be blessed as you are blessings others in his name. Blessings!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's beautiful. I hope the recipient finds comfort during this difficult time for her.

Kara said...

I have a question for you. Do you know where I can find the pattern to the quilt on your homepage?

Ellyn said...

The quilt in my blog header is Gypsy by Villa Rosa Designs. Hope you see this Kara! I was going to email you but you are a no reply blogger

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt to give comfort to somone.