Tuesday, July 31, 2012

zipper pouch

Our next swap at The Quilt Asylum is a zipper pouch swap. It's not for a couple of weeks, but with a busy couple of weeks ahead (one sixteenth birthday, one boy returning to college, 2 parents coming for a visit, one husband traveling for business) I thought I had better finish it up early. After a couple of false starts, here is my finished pouch:

I just love the Cinderberry Stitches fabric (no kidding you say? I know it keeps popping up!) and just for fun I added in a bit of festive embroidery. A little bunting, influenced by my trip to London. I think it came out pretty cute! Oh, and after I saw this pouch  by Debbie I knew I wanted to add another little pocket on the back:

 Just big enough for a little cash. Or some other little treasure. What would you put in there?

13 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous! I love the little outside pocket!

Sally said...

I wish I was in your swap, because I'd want to be your partner so that I could get this pouch! Love it, especially this little pouch on the back!

Melissa said...

That is so cute & happy!! I would use that little pocket for my chapstick because I like being able to grab it easily.

See you in a little bit!

Maria said...

Love the fabrics too and I could put my keys in the front pocket....

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosemary said...

I found you via a friend and Flickr. I love your work, this zipper bag is no exception - such happy, cheery fabric and a great functional piece.

Rosemary said...

Reading the post I was expecting the list to end with ...and a partridge in a pear tree! Wow, you are crazy busy!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

cute cute cute!! Your partner will love it.

Laura Maxell said...

i love it. i would put my embroidery floss in that pouch with maybe my small scissors and a needle threader in the little zipper spot. it would also be cute for a young one going back to school (pencil, crayons, etc...) with milk money going in the little zipper spot...

well done ellyn :)
-laura

Lisa said...

Sounds like a busy time at your place coming up! I love your pouch, no doubt my kids would steal that one with its gorgeous bright colours.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.