Monday, March 19, 2012

oh hi! yes, I'm still here!

Last week Ally went to visit her siblings in Arizona for spring break! I have to be honest, I was a little envious of them all having time together but it was so good for them to have some sibling time without the parents! Look how happy they all are!

 So, you would have thought I would have gotten lots of sewing done while she was away, right? Hmm. Not so much. Mostly I worked on cleaning and emptying out my sewing room. We are getting new floors this week! I can't wait to have wood laminate floors in my workspace. Here is what it looks like now...
 Kind of depressing... all that time I spent sorting my fabric and making it look all pretty on those shelves... and now they are empty! Sigh. Hopefully by Friday I will be putting it all back together again!

I did finish up the binding on one special quilt. I made this quilt for my hubby to hang behind the desk in his home office. It was supposed to be a surprise for his birthday in ummm June. Oops. I guess I accidentally gave it to him early! He was thrilled with it and wanted to hang it right away, but I told him it had to wait until after I take it to Bring n Brag in April!
 The pattern is City Bank from Cherri House's City Quilts book. I did make it a little smaller than her quilt, one row and one column smaller, so it fits nicely in the wall space. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!
So, no creativity happening at my house this week. Unless you count cleaning baseboards? I don't. But if it's something you enjoy, come on over! I would welcome your help and your company!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It does look like the three of them had a good time! I really enjoyed our time together at lunch last week!

So exciting about the new flooring. Will I see you tomorrow?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

nice early gift! Enjoy the new floors too. I wish we were doing that. Our carpeting upstairs has seen better days. Would be nice to get it outta here.

Lisa said...

New floors, how exciting! we had wood laminate floors before we sold and I loved them.

Maria said...

Great photo of the kids.
how nice to be getting a nice new easy to clean floor in the cave.
Love the quilt.
Looking forward to seeing waht you crate in the new room....

Anonymous said...

Love the floors El!! Great job!