Saturday, December 10, 2011

Goodies from far away

Yesterday as I was walking out the door to meet my sewing group "Seams like Sisters" for a little holiday gathering, hubby walked in with the mail. And I had a package from Maria in Australia! I opened it up right away of course! Look at this wonderful mini spools quilt she sent for me to hang in my sewing room! I just love the strip pieced spools and the darling sewing border fabric! Maria also included this adorable fat quarter. Christmas Kookaburras! Who knew?

I don't know if I will ever be able to cut into this beauty! Maybe it will become a pretty Christmas pillow for my couch so I can enjoy it in all it's splendor? I think that would be best.


Thank you so much Maria! You really know how to make a girl's day!



6 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great package - I like those spools, too.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Spools are really cute! And I think you are right. A pillow for the couch with the birdie fabric.

Thearica said...

Love the quilt bu that fabric is awesome! Who is the manufacturer? Is Christmas Kookaburras the name of the collection?

VickiLorraine said...

Only just found you through a link from Southern Life Beautiful. The Christmas Sleigh post got me in, but when I found you have the love of all sewing, quilting and other craftiness, just had to follow you on pinterest to....A lady after my own heart.... :)

Unknown said...

Am going to make those lovely sleighs for my grandchildren...what fun and I know they will love them!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Dee said...

Think they are Christmas - Major Mitchell Cockatoos... Unique to Australua just like kookaburras...Kookaburras are much bigger pointy beaks and motley brown and white...