I checked and rechecked the pieces a hundred times to make sure it was right! In case you have not done Sudoku puzzles before, the idea is that each "nine patch" has one each of nine different fabrics. Then, each row has one each of the fabrics as does each column.
I started sewing the blocks together at about 10 this morning, and by 4 this afternoon I had the whole top DONE! The solid I chose for the sashings and borders is Moda Bella Solid in Stone. It looks very gray in this photo, in reality it's more of a putty color. I love it! My plan is to make a scrappy backing & have it quilted, then add a scrappy binding. So proud of myself finishing a whole quilt top in one day!
I hope you did something fun today too.