Tuesday, May 18, 2010

what I'm working on...

Last fall when my LQS had their Market Review I fell in love with this book by Ann Downs of Hatched & Patched....I knew I wanted to make the quilt in the book.... it's perfect for using up some of my stash, very scrappy. Also, I thought the blocks would be so cute hand appliqued in a simple buttonhole stitch. Something I love to do! And with all the time I spend in waiting rooms these days, I figured it would be easy to take a few blocks along with me. So that's what I've been doing... Here are some more. I really love the birds, so funky & fun! I still have sheep & trees to finish up before I start the piecing.
It won't be a huge quilt when it's done, I think the pattern says 50X50 inches? Perfect to toss over the back of the couch & brighten up our family room. There are several other projects in the book too, everything from a small stitched bookmark, to a pillow cover to a cute bag. I love this book! Just wanted to share....

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very cute, Ellyn!

Maria said...

Just lovely Ellyn.
Ann Down is one of our Aussie designers and does gorgeous stuff.

Would you beleive the word I have to type in to publish the comment is "dingo" which is an Aussie wild dog.

Shana Putnam said...

Cute cute cute! I love it.

Aunt Spicy said...

one of these days i will do a whole quilt of houses! just adore yours!