Thursday, December 17, 2009

Look what I saw...

Even though I knew it was there (I DID sell it to them after all!) it still gave me a little thrill (ok, a BIG THRILL!) to see my pattern hanging with all the others at the quilt shop.... And the sample I made them hanging too....
I wonder if I will ever get used to it? I hope not!

Today is my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom. I credit my mom with all of my craftiness. She's the one who taught me to sew when I was just a little girl. She's the one who let me use her fancy machine, encouraged me to use my imagination & nudged me on. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her patience & encouragement! She does now!

I love you Mom!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Congtrates Ellyn, I bet you got a big WOW to see your patterns in the shop.

Yes We were lucky to have Mums who let use sew and learn.

Happy Birthday Ellyn's Mum.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very cool!! What a great feeling that must be, seeing your pattern with the rest.

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Jennifer said...

Congrats that is so thrilling!!!