Friday, April 17, 2009

rainy day...

it was so rainy & stormy in Texas this morning. The perfect day to hide in my sewing room. I caught up on all of my favorite podcasts & made up the new Anna Maria Horner Socialite dress for Leigh Anne. It came out so cute! I used some inexpensive fabric from Joanns for the first run (I even used a 50% off coupon!) in case I messed it up, but the pattern was really easy to follow & turned out great. Took me about 3 hours to sew I'd say (probably longer for an inexperienced seamstress, but it would be a good first project. No buttons, no zipper... just pop it over your head!). I can't wait to send it to her & see if it fits... it should! If she likes it, I am going to go get some Anna Maria Horner fabric & make her up another one for summertime.

The print is really busy so it's hard to see the detail.... Tonight the kids are having a lock in at the church. Hubby & I signed up to chaperone the first shift.... 9-11 PM then we are coming home to bed... I was so NOT getting up at 2 AM to watch a bunch of teenagers play ping pong!
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Very beautiful dress and nice fabric!