Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I won!

First of all, a big thank you to Jodi from Simply This That and the Other who picked my name as the winner of her contest! Jodi is making an awesome Grandma's Flower Garden quilt with fabric folks have sent her from all fifty states and around the world. You simply must go read about it on her blog! I sent her some fabric from Texas and she is sending me this:


It will be so cute in my kitchen which is mostly red & white with some yellow!
Yesterday these were in my mailbox:

ah I have big plans for these patterns by Anna Maria Horner! My girls have had their eye on them for months & finally they became available. The Socialite dress will be so cute on miss Leigh Anne this summer & Allyson is wishing for the Study Hall skirt! Yay!
What else is happening at Ellyn's Place? (thanks for asking!) Yesterday I started this:
for a new baby coming into our lives by way of my brother & sister-in-law in Ohio.... we just learned that the baby is a girl & I couldn't wait to make something pink!

Today I finished up a tablerunner that I pieced a while ago, with scraps left over from my tote bag (blogged here). It's pretty simple piecing, but what I wanted to do was try out machine quilting. Thanks to my sewing buddy & her machine with a walking foot, I was able to do some easy machine quilting this morning & sewed the binding on this afternoon.

I think the finished product is quite plain. Maybe I will make a few yoyos from the polka dotted fabric & add them to the white strips along with some buttons? Still deciding.

So that's what's happening here! What are you sewing?

1 comment:

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Love those patterns. I saw those on Maria's site. Now that's the kind of mail I like to get-lol.

Happy Easter!