I had some scraps of my hand dyed fabric leftover from my Hashtag quilt, and thought they would work perfectly. I didn't measure anything, I just started cutting and piecing.
My first bridge came out pretty good, so I did another from the same photo
Then two of the Bay bridge. Never did get a solo shot of the fourth block!
I trimmed the blocks so they were all the same height (7 inches) and squared them up to different widths. Added sashing strips in between and ended up with a 13" square topper.
Since I was already stretching myself, I decided to do some wavy line quilting with my walking foot (also outside of my box!) and I'm so glad I did! Bound in the same steel gray I used in my hashtag quilt and this baby is done! I learned a lot and feel really good about my first real foray into unguided improv quilting.