Friday, September 25, 2009

gameroom makeover

ok, I know I should have taken some before pictures. Too late now! Just picture this room a mess, outgrown toys & stuff everywhere, white walls, dirty carpet... you get the idea.

and now look...
It really came out nice. Allyson picked all the colors, very pale blue for most walls & a darker blue for the accent wall. The nasty old couch is covered in a new slipcover. Most of the other stuff came from IKEA.... the rug, side tables, desks & the tv stand below...

I made the pillows & artwork from IKEA fabric. We looked for bright colored artwork that we liked & just didn't find anything.... then we saw this fabric, it kind of coordinates with the rug but not matchy matchy. I bought 4 artists canvases from Hobby Lobby (yes, I went there EVERY DAY last week with a 40% off coupon!) Bought the "cheapest" ones they had because we really didn't care about the quality of the canvas..... Three of them (over the desks) are 24 x 30 inches, the fourth, (by the tv) is 30 x 36 inches. I cut the pieces of fabric 3 inches bigger on each side, stretched them around to the back & hubby helped me staplegun them in place. Presto, artwork!
It was so simple to do & inexpensive too. They are lightweight, we just put one picture hanger on the back of each one & hung it on a single nail. Very fun! I think I'll be using this technique again!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

That Ikea fabric looks fantastic! Well so does the room of course but I love the colours.

Jodi Nelson said...

That Ikea fabric is WAY cute!

The Sewing Dork said...

Oh, that is WAY fantastic in triplicate! I may have to copy this wonderful idea. And there is a rug too???